Monday, November 13, 2006

Outstanding Citizen


Hello!
As you may have noticed, if you've gone through the lists, I give each series of GUIDING LIGHT clips a name. For example, the 1997 set with Phillip and Beth realizing they can't be together is called Severance and the 1980 set with Kelly resisting his feelings for Morgan is called Summer School.
This weekend, I put up a six-part sequence from April of 1993 entitled Outstanding Citizen. The primary characters in this set are Roger Thorpe, H.B. Lewis, and Gilly Grant. I'm a big fan of Amelia Marshall as Gilly and Outstanding Citizen is a nice look at what made her so special in the role. The main event is a banquet honoring H.B. as Springfield's "Outstanding Citizen of the Year" and Roger's coercion of Gilly into sabotaging H.B.'s big night.
Another notable feature of this sequence is Leonard Stabb (ex-Hunter, OLTL) as Hart Jessup, Roger's son. Stabb played the role only very briefly before being injured in a hanggliding accident from which (I believe) he has yet to recover.
This is also early going with Justin Deas on the show as Buzz. Also featured are Harley, Mallet (as played by Mark Derwin), Bridget, Billy, Hamp, and many more. Vincent Irizarry fans should also be aware that there's plenty of Nick in Outstanding Citizen.

clip 1
clip 2
clip 3
clip 4
clip 5
clip 6

Finally, if anyone reading this is having any trouble finding a particular character, actor, couple, or storyline of interest, don't hesitate to ask me for help in finding what you're looking for. I know that there is a lot to look through in the lists (especially since I'm nearing the 400 mark in the number of clips I've posted).
Periodically, I will also be dipping back into what I've already posted to let you know about a particular event or performance that I feel is a "must have."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ivn,
Thanks so much for this blog. I've put in my favorites. I love the Summer School Series. I had totally blanked out on who Morgan was. But your clips brought it all back. Morgan was actually one of my favorite characters back than.
Lisa

11:51 AM  
Blogger Misty Row said...

As far as requests, I'm gonna put these out there, Ivn. let me know the liklihood?

1) The night Lucille Wexler confronts Jennifer with the knowledge that she's Jane marie Stafford, and Lucille dies at her own hands with the letter opener?

2) Again, Morgan and Kelly's wedding at Laurel Falls, or anymore Kelly Morgan scenes at all (with Kristin Vigard as Morgan).

Thanks, Thornbirds.

P.S. As you may know, I posted this link on SOC...and of course they took it down. I think some people saw it before they removed it, and hence, some people have found "the light" here.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Lady Tiara said...

i hope you don't mind me adding a couple of requests, ivn.

1. i'd love to see anything from the sonni/will/josh/reva storyline. i really loved that storyline. as is so often the case on soaps, the two villians were much more interesting than the hero and heroine in that plot.

2. anything from the alan-michael/eleni/frank triangle. back when poor lame frank had a lovelife.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home